Sunday, November 29, 2009

Learning and Knowing

Listening to Pete Seegar as I write. Not sure if I spelled his name right. I missed posting on Wed. Our daughter Jenny was here for Thanksgiving with her boyfriend and I gave over the computer room which is also the art room and the guest room. Now I am busy grading exams and averaging grades as the semester is at an end.
I was thinking about the statement in this letter about Dad and another guy knowing how to use the printing press. Growing up I just thought that all men my father's age knew how to do everything. In reading these letters I've come to see how he was a quick and interested learner, at age 24 he already had a lot of knowledge from the farm life but he learned quickly in all the areas that he worked in. He passed on this interest in learning to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment