Monday, May 17, 2010

May 5, 1943

C. P. S. #59
Elkton, Oregon
May 5 1943

Dear Folkses,

Today is Wed. and the way it looks now I’ll be pulling out from here at 11:00 Fri. night. Ar. Portland 6:00 Sat. Morn. Leave at 9:00 am. Ar. Jeff. somewhere around 10:00 pm Mon. according to the schedual. I don’t know when it will really get there. It will probably be late. If you aren’t there I’ll call you up. So far as I know I’ll get there Mon. I have my ticket and Am sending a suitcase to Drain today to be checked and go on ahead. I recon it will be there by the time I will.

If I should by some chance not get to leave on Fri. I’ll know about it in time to send you and Airmail letter, I think. I’ll explain about my getting started sooner when I get there. I will still have 22 days away from camp. I got my ticket to return through Calif. I think that it will take me a halfday longer but I thought it would be worth it. I will go to Portland on the Bus, that will be something new.

I havn’t seen anything of the films yet and I doubt I will cause I sent to Monkey Ward and Sears both. The first time I never got anything from either of them. Sears still has my money maybe they will send me some yet. Monkey sent it back. Then I got an idea and ordered three rolls of Monkey’s own private brand of film and I got two rolls of that. I still have it and will use it on the way home.

Keep looking for the film as I’d like to have some to come back with. I heard that the drug stores get their ration of film on the 5th of the month, I don’t know whether there is anything to that.

That’s about all right now. See you Mon. night.


Yours,
Bernard

No comments:

Post a Comment