Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Frustrations of war

I was trying to think of a title for this set of post cards and a letter. Seems there is a bit of frustration as furloughs are canceled. I've been reading my way through Agatha Christie books begining in 1920 and I'm up to the 1940's now. She has many people displaced by the war in England in her stories. I think we have become so mobile that we do not realize that this much movement of people was unique.
The big news this past week has been the reaction to Arizona's law allowing police to ask about peoples immigration status. Speaking of people relocating. I am off to Tucson in a couple of days to attend a war tax resisters gathering. There is so little resistance to the continual wars of the US, perhaps a bit like the British Empire, no draft no resistance.

No comments:

Post a Comment