Sunday, May 1, 2011

We had a good Christmas

Dad ends this weeks letter with "I thought we had a good Christmas. We would have rather been home but we enjoyed what we had." I often admire that ability in people to accept where they are. Here I am at the end of the semester getting ready to take off to attend the Friends Peace Team meeting in New Jersey. The Friends Peace Teams have initiatives in 3 areas; Africa, Indonesia and Latin America. They work with people who have been impacted by war doing Alternatives to Violence and Trauma healing workshops. I have been on the council for 9 months doing conference calls and this will be our first 'face to face' meeting.
This letter also mentions Grandma Ozbun that is the Quaker side of the family which goes back to the 1600's. sometime I would like to find out more information about how they traveled from the East Coast to Iowa.

No comments:

Post a Comment