Sunday, January 15, 2012

Salt and Light and the IRS

I just returned from what FWCC has named a 'salt and light' event in Silver City. For me it seemed to be a weekend that focused on discernment and leadings. This is very timely for me as I am looking at options in life. This is the week that I would have gone back to work, back to teaching at the college. Classes will begin on Thursday. I have not even wanted to think about goals, yet for this week my goal is to write a letter to send to my senators about my IRS situation. I have been writing this letter in my head for a couple of weeks, so I think it is time to put it onto paper. Tim and I have been exercising but my urge is to lay around and eat and read. I picked up a new mystery book and also a bio of Bayard Rustin at the library. Then at the salt and light event I picked up an old paperback book $1.95 was the original price on the story of Dorothy Day and the Catholic Worker movement, written in 1972. It is interesting and begins in the 1930's. Dad's letter seems to focus on giving advice to his Dad, something I tried not to do. I do remember when we three girls got Dad to switch from wearing suspenders to wearing a belt, I'm glad he did not switch for long. He had his own mind and style and as he says in this letter he enjoyed life. I do too. It was enjoyable to walk the labyrinth at St. Mary's Spiritual Center this weekend. It was interesting to see that I had changed and could see more clearly the route of the maze on Sunday morning than I did Friday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment