Monday, January 17, 2011

Happy New years and almost Alamogordo

I have missed almost a month. I thought I might write a lot on the blog over the holidays but the opposite happened. First we got together with my sisters and some of their kids between Christmas and New Years in Truth or Consequences at the hot tubs. We got to reminisce about the time we had met in Santa Fe at the hot tub place called 10,000 waves. Carol, Bonnie and I all were in one vehicle and got lost, we get to talking and do not pay attention to signs. The husbands and my nephew Shawn had helped the elders Barney and Dorothy into the tubs and we got there later to find them doing well. After getting in the pool we had rented we noticed that Dad was kind of floating up, not able to keep his feet down. We helped him out and he cooled down and recovered use of his limbs. This gathering in the pools in T or C allowed us to visit with nephews, nieces and great nephews and nieces as well as each other.
So while we are entering 2011, Dad is still in 1943. I keep thinking that I will get the dates synchronized. But it has not happened. In this letter he talks about almost taking a job of surveying which would have brought him to the area where I live now in Alamogordo (about 70 miles east of Las Cruces) New Mexico. He decides he is enjoying himself too much in the shop at Elkton.

No comments:

Post a Comment