Sunday, July 4, 2010

Breakfast and surveying

There is a lot about surveying in this one and a long list of what was eaten for breakfast. I know when Dad gets to Chicago in '45 he talks about eating something other than meat and eggs for breakfast and becoming citified. As a child I observed him eating Wheaties every morning, then I went off to College and when I came back in '74 he was eating granola. I was in more shock than I was when Nixon resigned, I now knew our world had changed. I also recall that we didn't know he knew how to cook until Mom was in the hospital and he admitted that he could hold and crack two eggs in one hand, which he had learned at Elkton. This letter leaves me wondering what is a WC (in terms of harvesting) and what was 'win-the-war time'?

No comments:

Post a Comment