Sunday, April 25, 2010

Water, trains and skype

It's the end of the semester and I have missed a whole week. We went up to Albuq. to visit a friend who fell and broke her knee cap. Dad's letter has a neat story about getting water to run through a pipe. I was always impressed with his problem solving abilities. I am also impressed that he could get a train all the way from Oregon to Jefferson and travel it in two or three days. I like these letters, since we get a glimpse into his world 60 some years ago. Last night we had dinner with some friends and got in on skyping to their daughter who is at a volcano in northern NM without a land line phone in an area where cell phones do not work. so we got to look at the computer and see and talk with her. It is fun to do, I hope a few people keep on writing letters.

No comments:

Post a Comment