Wednesday, January 27, 2010

December 22, 1942 - Elkton

Mon. nite Elkton, Oregon

Well, here I am. It sure is a pretty place. The weather is very damp, but warm. They seldom have snow here I am told and the temperature don’t go so much below freezing. I went for a short walk this afternoon and find that the hills are very steep, there are a few real big trees close to camp but this timber here has been cut and burned off. We got here about 4:00 this morning. We didn’t work today but will tomorrow. I imagine that the work will be harder here and for a while mostly manual labor. Durring the winter it rains most of time and they work all the time so my raincoat will come in handy. I’ll write as soon as I get around to it. I’d like to hear from you if you havn’t written yet.
Yours,
Bernard

No comments:

Post a Comment